On Saying Goodbye

July 17, 2006

Well, our two day visit turned into seven, several peaches on the counter at home paid the ultimate price, and the computer has… what’s that called again?… oh, yeah, web access.

Saying ‘goodnight’ to Will was very painful, and the source of many tears and sobs. His going away present to his parents was a new record: 25ml of mother’s milk by mouth just before we left. We’ll be back bright and early tomorrow morning (that’s noon, in Will-Time) to see what other tricks he’s got up his sleeve.

6 Responses to “On Saying Goodbye”

1. emmegab says:

Mike, though I’m glad you got to spend seven days with your family, I am SO glad to see you’ve posted again…12 posts and a cup of coffee is a slice of heaven for me on a Monday morning. Good to hear about everything, and be assured we’re still praying for you guys.

2. dstavlund says:

Stacy & Mike:

Saying “goodnight” would be difficult enuf but havung bonded and breathed the same air for 7 days has to be MORE difficult.
    Some of these memories will “fade away” soon when Will sez “Let’s go for a run,Dad” or “Let’s go fishing.”

love
    Iowa Dad

Good heavens! Where did he put all that milk? The boy’s got growing on his mind, no doubt about it. :)

4. Ross says:

…and always keep in mind that this period will hold no memories for Will. All he knows right now is that there is love for him, and that’s just enough to make every day a good day.

5. Greta says:

My computer’s broke, so I haven’t been able to check the old blogspot this week. But what a treat to get to read so much all at once. You guys really are my heroes. The routine you two have kept up for the last two months is astonishing, and yet you seem to be doing it with such grace. I am so proud of you and so committed to praying you through this. Thank you for your updates.

6. Ryan says: