Will

May 13, 2006

The boy made it through surgery quite well today. What a wonder, and a relief.

Now, the real waiting begins. We’re told to expect a roller coaster for the next 24 to 48 hours, as his lung and kidney function try to find their balance again, and as we wait to see how his body adjusts to the new plumbing around his heart.

11 Responses to “Will”

1. Mike Croghan says:

Thanks be to God indeed! WOW what a relief! Wonderful to see pics and know their names! Will and Ella – two beautiful, spirited Stavlund munchkins! That rocks! We’re so happy for you guys, and we’ll keep the prayers flowing. Get some sleep, big daddy!

2. Greta Davies says:

How amazing. Thank you again for your posts–it is so helpful to us to hear what you’re going through, since we can’t be there to see it first-hand. We are across the ocean praying and thinking of you and wishing we could meet these beautiful babes. Ella is so beautiful–that chin is amazing. And I assume that’s her crying, but whichever one it is…what an expressive personality already! Will is beautiful too (is it okay to call a boy baby beautiful? handsome just seems too big of a word for a tiny babe)…and he looks so much stronger than I imagined he would. The pictures probably don’t do justice to how small he actually is, but he definitely looks like he has a fight in him.
    The fact that you are hurting so much for Will and still able to bond with Ella just confirms my suspicion that you two were born to be parents and are going to do the best job possible.
    Stacy looks so beautiful holding her girl–made me cry.
    We love you guys and are there with you in spirit though not in body.

3. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your updates. They are something we look forward to reading/hearing at the end of each day.

We pray rest for you and Stacy and Will and Ella. We pray health and shalom.

Love you guys.

4. Ryan says:

Thanks for the continued updates. Becky and I are always wondering how things are going. We were welling up with tears of joy as we were listening to the cries of your children and seeing their photos.

5. erin says:

What Greta said. I second all of it. Will be doing roller-coaster style prayers for the next few days.

Will! Such a perfect name! Don’t laugh, but the first thing I thought of was G. Gordon Liddy. I know Liddy is a bit of an odd ball character, but he certainly has will and strength and determination. All attributes I’m sensing in your son.

Praise God for the successful surgery. I’m praying that over the next 24 – 48 hours the highs of your roller coaster are higher than you could ever imagine and the lows aren’t nearly that low at all.

Hugs to all!
    Liz

Mike and Stacy, thanks so much for the updates! The pics and recording of the cry are priceless. We’ve been following religiously and awaiting news every day. I am sooooo glad to hear that Will’s surgery went well. We will continue to pray for you all during the next 48 and beyond. So happy to meet you, Will and Ella! Much love to you all, Maranda

8. Kathy Buist says:

They are beautiful!! Our oldest two kids absolutely loved the “crying” post. They asked me to play it over and over again. They think it sounds just like their baby sister. :) We will be praying earnestly over the next few days.

Stacy, you look great!

9. dawnrw says:

Beatiful babies, beautiful names, beautiful parents . . . . You are constantly in our minds and we are praying earnestly for all of you. I’m overjoyed to hear the daily reports of how God’s work is being displayed in the lives of both of your children. I’m full of praise that your little Will is God’s Will: God is holding his fragile little body in the palm of his mighty hand. What a blessing and encouragement you all are to me. Can you hug Stacy again for me? And maybe she can hug you for me too, if that doesn’t constitute too much icky hugging.

10. What beautiful blessings they are!

Continued prayer for you.

11. Lora says:

Thanks for the pix into your world. Everyone is beautiful. Happy Mother’s day to the new mom AND dad!
    love—