24 Hours

May 8, 2006

It’s noon on Monday, May 8. I’m at the Laundromat, finishing off a two-week-long punch list that is humorous for its breath, but not its scale: air filters to assignments, stamps to short-sleeved-shirts, lamps to lingonberries, make-up to mulch, and fence to flatware to pharmacy.

I’m eagerly expectant (do I dare say, ‘ready to get this started’?) and yet reluctant. To know that immense demands and life-altering decisions lay just ahead is quite something. Yet I do have a sense that we’ve been prepared for this. That our experience of God, and church, and community, and family has somehow equipped us, and that much more of the same will be available when we need it. And that many, many people have walked this path– and ones far more treacherous– ahead of us.

7 Responses to “24 Hours”

1. Greta Davies says:

I can’t believe the big day is finally here! Hallelujah! May God give you joy and courage and strength as you walk through the next few days. We will be praying for you and thinking of you, as always, but with a bit more urgency and excitement than usual, I expect. Can’t wait to see pictures of the little Stavs! Lots of love to you all!

Oh how intensly crazy the last 24 hours are. Good luck to you both. I know it’s going to be hard, but try to get a good night’s sleep tonight. It’s likely to be your last chance for a long, long time.

God bless you both… this is just so wonderfully emotional… I think I’m going to cry.

3. Mike Croghan says:

Praying hard, bother, and with joyful expectance!

Peace and love and strength and grace!

4. Dawnrw says:

The deep breath before the plunge. We’ll be praying too, and eagerly awaiting updates. We love you.

I am praying that you two have some alone time together tonight. Boot out any unwanted folks without remorse (we never regretted doing this). This isn’t a time for social graces. Do what you need to do to protect Stacy and your babies. I am praying all night long and especially at 12 noon tomorrow for the four of you. Health, peace, joy, life. Jesus, please.

Shonda

With you today in prayer. LMK

7. erin says:

Oy yoy yoy! This is exciting.

E