…Still Pregnant

April 14, 2006

In our comprehensive ultrasound today, we learned that both babies are still growing, so we’re holding tight. The placenta previa persists, so we’re looking at a C-section for delivery, though we’re holding out hope for a couple more weeks. Tomorrow will be 34 weeks, and we’re so thankful to have gotten this far.

Our baby girl’s estimated weight is five pounds, three ounces, and our son’s is a tiny-but-still-growing three pounds, twelve ounces. He’s still down in the second percentile, but his abdominal growth (which was falling off considerably three weeks ago), though still measuring really small, is at least holding steady now.

So, after packing up everything and cleaning the house last night in preparation for an imminent delivery, we’re mighty relieved to be back home in our current configuration. It’s nice to have these reality checks and dry runs, but they only serve to remind us of how reluctant we are to move forward. I’m a great procrastinator, and this is the ultimate procrastination.

8 Responses to “…Still Pregnant”

1. Kathy Buist says:

We will continue to hold you before Him.

2. dawnrw says:

Watching, waiting, praying, trusting, yet still loving, encouraging, serving, living . . . As you walk through the relentless, day-to-day approach of the birth of your children, I can’t help thinking this might be where God wants us every day. Not just in crisis mode. I’m not suggesting this as an application for you; but for myself [I'm reminded of my daily desperation for God in the "cracked head phase."] I’m thankful for God’s hands on your babies and his plans for their lives.

Praise God … your girl is getting out of NICU range. And more praises, your boy is holding his own. He really is Thor, the mighty hammer!! I can just see them now … ;-)

4. randy buist says:

We continue to pray and anticipate. Tonight I changed by cell phone wallpaper to a pic of Mike… Unfortuntaely, I didn’t have one of Stacy. So, now each time I look at my phone I’ll say a prayer for the two little ones.
    In His Love,
    randy

I’m praying for and so thankful for every week; heck, I’m thankful for every day they can both “cook” just a bit longer.

Shonda

Good news! Thank-God! I’m praying for you.

7. Lisa says:

Mike and Stacy, It’s taken me this long to find your blog…call me technologically challenged. Just want you to know that I have been praying for you and your little ones through these months. We love you both, Mark and Lisa