Here It Comes

April 25, 2006

Well, I had to ask…

We had a wonderful visit with the Doc today: the kids have great heart rate accelerations and variability, plenty of amniotic fluid, and they are practicing ‘breathing’ really regularly. And The Mom is a picture of health: gaining just the right amount of weight and with perfect blood pressure and without a hint of pre-eclampsia.

So I went and did it. I opened my mouth and made these words come out: “If things continue as they have, what are your thoughts about setting a date for the C-section?”

The short answer:

At Noon,
On the Ninth of May,
In the Year of Our Lord,
Two Thousand and Six.

*gulp*

Now, we may likely need to make an unscheduled delivery at some point before then, but we both shook and cried a little to see this date on the calendar. To think of the many years of hope and expectation and prayer that will be fulfilled on this day. And to think of the many more years of joy and work and prayer ahead of us. Hope and fear, reluctance and excitement, and a host of other emotions are right in front of us.

We — and all of our medical team– are simply astounded to have made it this far, and are deeply grateful for the prayers and help and kindness of so many who are both near and far, but who are all closer than our hearts. So we move forward (somewhat) secure in the knowledge that we are not alone.

8 Responses to “Here It Comes”

Oh you made my heart sing tonight! Praise God! Here’s to the Ninth of May… may we all make it there in good health and with our sanity.

(The sanity part has to do with how much harder the waiting is going to get from this point on ;-) )

I’m so very glad it’s not May 8th … which has bad karma in my world.

May 9th … It’s A Beautiful Day!!

So glad to hear about the doctor’s visit and the date (somewhat) certain. Thank you for the update. I thank God for bringing the Stavlund family to this point. You are going to be wonderful parents, and I’m so excited for what is to come! You are in my prayers. LMK

Oh my goodness! Oh GOD’S goodness!!
    I read “noon,” and thought, eeep! Then I scrolled down. Whew…

5. Dawn in Chicago says:

I have been checking your blog daily to see the latest baby news — great to get an update!! Glad that everyone is healthy and well. I can’t wait to meet the little Stavs! Love to all -

God is good….what wonderful news! I’ve enjoyed reading about your journey. I know this isn’t the end but just the beginning but what a wonderful mile stone!

Love and prayers, AM and the gang

7. kevin m says:

Get some rest…now!

8. laci says:

did the doctor really say “in the year of our lord?”

more stavlunds in the world is definitely a good thing…