The Hair of My Chinny Chin Chin

March 8, 2006

So, for my beard’s three-month birthday, I gave it a special treat: a frothy shampoo. I last shaved for my brother-in-law‘s baptism. I’ve kept the thing for the following reasons:

1. Because I have no real responsibilities.
2. Because the wife don’t mind the look of it, if you know what I mean.
3. Because I am amused by the way otherwise gentle and well-mannered people will just tell you that they don’t like your appearance. Which gives me a bit of empathy for the wife, since poeple do the same thing to her these days (one person told her she must be carrying a boy, because her face is now ‘ugly’).
4. Because we were talking about the prophets at church, and they seem ‘beardy’.
5. Because it’s now Lent, and Jesus is in the wilderness without a razor.
6. Because I can.
7. Because a friend told me that I look like Charlie Manson.
8. Because I wanted to know if I am man enough to be a father.
9. Because people now seem more comfortable telling me that they are felons.
10. Because I’m constantly amazed at the rainbow of colors found therein. I’m one color away from being able to knit an American flag out of the thing.

11 Responses to “The Hair of My Chinny Chin Chin”

Yeah … but it’s going to have to be A LOT longer (like ZZ Top) if you want to knit an American Flag out it. And that will be very, very interesting indeed.

2. timothy says:

i am begging you for a picture of this gloriouus growth.

so, still growing the beard, huh?

the architect

4. Greta says:

Just when you thought Mike couldn’t get any better looking…he did.

Why are people so rude? Stacy, I’m sure Mike would agree that you are more beautiful now than you have ever been. You have not had an ugly day in your life.!

5. Erin says:

I enjoy bearded folk as much as the next girl, but I feel obligated to point out that you have missed the super- ultra- never-before-seen technology breakthrough of the five-bladed razor. You will probably miss the six- and seven- blade breakthroughs as well. By the time you get bored of your beard, the only razors available will require both hands to maneuver. That’s going to be a big jump.

P.S. I’m a felon. (Loosely defining “felon” as having once accidentally walked out of a store with a pencil sharpener shaped like a racecar in my coat pocket). Wow! It’s such a relief to get that off my chest! Thanks, Bearded Guy.

6. iowa dad says:

Those friends that are unable to “grow hair” are only expressing jealosy if they are dropping negative comments

7. Yah, I want a photo as well…

Stacy: Pregnancy breeds idiots. I have no idea why. Write down all these asinine comments; they are priceless memories later.
    Mike: Between this revelation of Stacy’s preference, and repeated references to your perineum, I am rendered uncharacteristically speechless.

9. Greta Davies says:

America has a 5-bladed razor? We’re only up to the 4-bladed one. That’s it. I’m moving back. If we can’t even keep up with razor technology, what else am I missing out on?

10. Ryan says:

…man enough to be a father (LOL!) Stacy is beautiful, some people are morons!